Re: Samba upgrade, password issue

miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:

> In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.3.96.1000216141544.3035F-100000@ron.rademaker.dhs.org>,
> Ron Rademaker  <ron@wep.tudelft.nl> wrote:
>
> >There is a program that converts all the passwords from /etc/passwd to
> >smbpasswd, I can't remember the name.
>
> That's because such a program cannot exist. Passwords in /etc/passwd are
> one-way encrypted (hashed really) and you cannot decode them in any way.

Hmm, true, but there is a program that sets up an smbpasswd file with
all the users contained in /etc/passwd that I think may have been what
he meant? (I think it's mksmbpasswd.sh ...)

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"