Re: Installation problem

Recompiling your kernel is not an extreme thing to do, it is actually very
easy (if of course you know how, which is explained very good in the
kernel-HOWTO). I think it is also wise to compile a new kernel after
installation, because the standard kernel is a kernel that works with most
computers, and if you compile your own you can optimize it for your
computer (that is select the right processor, leaving hardware support for
hardware you don't own out and such things), which makes the kernel
smaller (more memory left for other things) and faster.

Ron