Re: Installation problem

kanupriya writes:
> Everytime i try to connect using "pppconfig"...

You can't connect using pppconfig.  I assume you mean that you are trying
to connect using pon.

> The system lacks kernel support for PPP.

Your system does not lack kernel support for PPP.  Pppd is easily confused
and often gives this message when something else entirely is wrong.
Usually it is a permissions problem.  Are you running pon as a user other
than root?  If so, have you added that user to the 'dip' group?

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)