Re: First Kernel Recompile

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Lane Lester wrote:

>=I did a fair amount of reading and asking first, but now I've tried
>=my first kernel recompile. make xconfig wouldn't work, and it seemed
>=to be because it couldn't find the tk stuff. make config worked OK,
>=but make dep wouldn't, and it seemed to be because it couldn't find
>=the standard C headers, such as stdio.h.

As I am aware many -dev packages should be installed.

On my computer I have following packages installed (for any compilations
I have done ever, specially KDE):

ii  dpkg-dev       1.6.7          Package building tools for Debian
ii  libc6-dev      2.1.3-1        GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Hea
ii  libggi2-dev    1.99.2.0b2.1-1 General Graphics Interface development packa
ii  libgii0-dev    0.6-1.1        General Input Interface development package
ii  libjpeg62-dev  6b-1.2         Development files for the IJG JPEG library [
ii  libpng2-dev    1.0.5-0.1      PNG library - development
ii  mesag3+ggi-dev 3.1-12         Development library for Mesa [libc6].
ii  mico-2.3.0-dev 2.3.0-0        CORBA broker as used for KDE.  Mico Is COrba
ii  slang1-dev     1.3.9-1        The S-Lang programming library, development
ii  tcl8.0-dev     8.0.5-4        The Tool Command Language (TCL) v8.0 - Devel
ii  xlib6g-dev     3.3.6-3        include files and libraries for X client dev
ii  zlib1g-dev     1.1.3-5        compression library - development

First you should check for libc6-dev indeed.

---
Regards,
Pavel Epifanov.

epv@casema.net , pavel_e@yahoo.com