Re: First Kernel Recompile

Lane Lester wrote:
  >I did a fair amount of reading and asking first, but now I've tried
  >my first kernel recompile. make xconfig wouldn't work, and it seemed
  >to be because it couldn't find the tk stuff. make config worked OK,
  >but make dep wouldn't, and it seemed to be because it couldn't find
  >the standard C headers, such as stdio.h.

You probably have to install some extra packages: tcl8.0, tk8.0
and libc6-dev, for a start.

     "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,
      the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What
      is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of
      man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a
      little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him
      with glory and honour."            Psalms 8:3-5