socks5 libraries

I tried to compile Licq with SOCKS5 support, but the SOCKS libraries in the
libsocksd and libsocksd-dev packages would not suffice.  I had to install NEC
SOCKS in order to get this to work.  Are these in fact the same libraries but
with different names?

NEC SOCKS libs have names like
/usr/local/lib/libsocks5.a
/usr/local/lib/libsocks5_sh.so
/usr/local/lib/libdsocks.so
/usr/local/lib/libdsocks.so.0.1.0
/usr/local/lib/libdsocks.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libdsocks.la

but the ones in the Debian packages look like

./usr/lib/libsocksd.a                                       devel/libsocksd-dev
./usr/lib/libsocksd.so                                      devel/libsocksd-dev
./usr/lib/libsocksd.so.0                                    libs/libsocksd
./usr/lib/libsocksd.so.0.1.0

I am wondering if perhaps I can symlink these so that I can avoid installing b
oth versions, if they are in fact the same.

thanks

--
Andrew

GnuPG Public KeyID: 0x48109681