Re: ARGH! "Frozen" is back....

> Why not just point apt at the *name* of the release that you want?
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib
non-free

> This way you don't have to worry about it.

Well, you see, my sysadmin style is very "short attention span". I manage
about 10 Debian boxes and I like to keep them up to date by doing the
following:

  run dselect
  [U]pdate... clear available list...
  [S]elect... and then just hit <return> to make sure we select any
newly-required debs.
  [I]nstall... download all, install, remove installed....
  [C]onfig...
  [Q]uit

All in all, this usually takes about 5 minutes of my attention per machine
per update. Also, since I always want my machines on the bleeding edge, I
always want the latest of whatever's available. If I just pointed dselect
and apt to "woody" instead of "unstable", then, in about a year, I "woody"
wouldn't be the latest dist anymore. (I mean, that's the whole reason the
"stable", "frozen", and "unstable" symlinks are there in the first place,
no?)

- Joe