program to monitor files

I am after a program that will monitor a file (like a log file) and then when
some data is added to it, a program should be run.

For example I have a file that I want printed, so whenever there's some new
data added to the end of the file and after there has been ~20 seconds of no
change (I don't want this happening once per second for 20 seconds) I want
the data to be piped into "lpr".

Is there any program in Debian that can do this?

I could write something myself in a couple of hours but it would be easier to
use someone else's program.

--
Confucius wrote: To be fond of knowledge is better than simply acquiring
it, and to take delight in it is far better than simply being fond of it.