Re: Unstable kernel question

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, aphro wrote:

> also check the compiler you are using (gcc -v) it is reccomended to use
> 2.7.2.3 when compiling a kernel, although there is some reports of success
> with egcs 1.1 and very few success reports using egcs 2.95.

I wonder if this is my problem? I just built 2.2.14 on potato, but it
fails to boot. It just hangs after saying "OK, boot kernel now". I built
it with 2.95. Maybe I'll see if the gcc272 package can co-exist with the
gcc (2.95) package. Then, one would need to tell the kernel make which
compiler to use.

...RickM...