Re: Tracking Web Page hits

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 TKWJ3@aol.com wrote:

> I would like to be able to track people that come to my webpages.
> Information like where they came from ie search engine, directly typed in
> address, and etc would be nice.  But also to know what domain names there
> coming from including IP's would be nice.  This would help in marketing and
> is indead a great way to find out more about your clientel, that is if it can
> be done fairly easily.  Currently running Apache on a Debian box.  Also
> running more then one server on the same machine so it would be kinda nice to
> be capable to serperate each one easily as well.

In one of apache's config files (httpd.conf I believe)
there are settings for logging.  You can uncomment a few
lines to have referer logs (which show where they came
from), and agent logs (shows what web browser they are
using to access your site).  Hostname/IP addresses are
also in the standard logs, check /var/log/apache.  And
for separate logging for each server, just use a different
log file in each server's httpd.conf.

Jeremy Gaddis      <mailto:jgaddis@m-net.arbornet.org>