HELP:latex-babel still broken....

hello,

i just made an upgrade to the latest potato, and unfortunately i still cna't
compile my latex-files..... i have to go onto a very old slackware3 system to
compile them... a shame......

when trying to compile my files i still get the same error:
! Undefined control sequence.
\add@accent ...l \mathchardef \accent@spacefactor
                                                  \spacefact
						  l.21 \begin{document}

anything to go around this bug?? i hop that it is marked as critical in the
bug-parade of debian since this is way more than annoying....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@earthling.net