RE: Socket 7 question

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > I've been search for a motherboard with integrated video, sound,
> > and ethernet to use as a diskless workstations with Debian.  Can
> > anyone recommend a particular board?
>
> Not right off hand - all the decent motherboards I know of don't have most
> of that stuff integrated.
>
> > I'm also looking for small case/power-supply on the order of the
> > netwinder size.  Any ideas here?
>
> Are you aware of how small a netwinder is?  There aren't any socket 7
> motherboard/case combinations that are that size.

Yes and I know that nothing available is that small. The NLX form
factor is the smallest I've seen: 20.3cm x 28.7cm (8" x 11.3").

The board that looks most promising to me is the Asus MES-N
(http://www.asus.com.tw/products/motherboard/pentiumpro/mes-n/) but
I have no direct experience running Debian on it.

--
Jean Pierre