RE: Socket 7 question

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

jpleja >Yes and I know that nothing available is that small. The NLX form
jpleja >factor is the smallest I've seen: 20.3cm x 28.7cm (8" x 11.3").
jpleja >
jpleja >The board that looks most promising to me is the Asus MES-N
jpleja >(http://www.asus.com.tw/products/motherboard/pentiumpro/mes-n/) but
jpleja >I have no direct experience running Debian on it.

smaller is not usually better :) i got an asus p2l-n (NLX i440LX ?? or was
it BX) and within a few weeks the onboard sound crapped out, asus never
replied to my mails and the newsgroups were of no help, not much longer
after that asus discontinued that board, but its still running, just with
onboard sound disabled(it locks up hard when its on). i work on a daily
basis with small systems trying to make them smaller, from what i've found
the non standard stuff seems to be either less reliable or less performing
or both. if your going for a socket 7 system i'd suggest the FIC PA2013
2MB board, or the 2MB EPOX board. if u want a real small system i'd
suggest u buy one ready-made save yourself some trouble.  or go for a
single board computer/passive backplane, we deal with ICP -
www.icpamerica.com they have cases/boards/backplanes etc ..big selection.

nate