Re: problems after upgrading
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: problems after upgrading
- From: "Marc Sherman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:36:41 -0500
- Message-id: <00a001bf6e5c$77e4e780$0100000a@chinadoll98>
- References: <20000201185420.D1099@calico> <Pine.SUN.3.96.1000202091320.7521A-100000@waltz> <20000202200608.B3840@calico>
From: Eric G . Miller <email@example.com>
> > I have the same problem but I don't have /etc/init.d/devpts.sh. Any
> > ideas?
> Okay, you upgraded to potato, yes? And you have a kernel with UNIX 98
> ptys? dpkg reports:
> [felix@~] dpkg -S devpts.sh
> libc6: /etc/init.d/devpts.sh
> So, I can't address why you don't have it.
I just reinstalled Potato from install disks (2.2.4, since 2.2.5
doesn't work on my machine), and devpts.sh is missing from my
machine as well. Could this be related to the current issues
Can I use dpkg to extract just that file from a pkg that is
supposedly already installed on my machine?