Re: VMware

Quoth Lance Heller,
> What experience good, bad, or otherwise have Debian users had with
> VMware?  I have a requirement to use an application that only runs on
> one or another flavor of a Redmond virus and am deciding whether to
> convert my laptop to dual boot W98, or use VMware instead.

I run it on my debian machine (a K6-2 400 with 128M RAM) occasionally
(whenever I have to enter windoze world, or maybe just impress skeptical
windoze users). It doesn't run really fast, but it's certainly usable. I
just wouldn't want to spend all my time in it.

I installed both NT Workstation and Win98 on it, and was surprised that
NT runs significantly faster than Win98. Work that out... It does a good
job of the little things, like playing sounds through the linux box, and
stuff like that. Very cool. I've run a few Office 2000 apps on it
without any trouble. I don't think I'd want to run it on a less powerful
machine, however!

Just my $0.02 :)

cheers,

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony