Re: Which packages are new in potato

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> I'm looking for a list of all packages that are new (not only a newer
> version) in potato compared to slink. Is something like that available
> somewhere?

Just take the Packages.gz file from slink and potato, make a list of the
package names by doing something like:

zgrep "^Package:" Packages.gz | awk '{ print $2 }'

Once you have files containing the package names for slink and potato, you
can see the lines in the second file which are not in the first one by
using this little gawk-script (call it "exclude"):

#!/usr/bin/gawk -f
{
  if (ARGIND == 1)
    a[$0] = 1
  else if (! ($0 in a))
    print $0
}

"exclude slink-list potato-list" will give you the list of new packages.

Hope this helps.