Re: TV Cards....

Hi Robert,

I have a Patrol TVRadio98 and it works great under Debian. However,
the brand of the card is not as important as what chip it uses. The
bttv drivers support the Bt848 family of video decoder chips. These
are the Bt848, Bt848A, Bt849, Bt878 and Bt879 chipsets.

I use kwintv to watch television, IMHO the interface is a lot cleaner
than xawtv - but they are basically doing the same job.

Your system is more than powerful enough to use a tv card - a good thing
about the above mentioned chipsets is that they use very little
cpu power.

The only problems I have had so far is that the radio on the
card and the I/R remote are not supported but apart from that
it's working great.

Hope this helps
Cyrus

PS I'm in Oz so quoting prices probably wouldn't help ;-)