Re: partition table lost [and found]

Brian, you can do it with any program that can edit a partition table,
including Linux fdisk and Norton's Disk Editor.

Another possibility is the DOS based partition table editor from
PowerQuest called ptedit. That program is freely available from
PowerQuest's ftp site. The file you want is petedit.exe, which is the
DOS mode version.

ftp://ftp.powerquest.com/pub/utilities

I agree with the other post about NOT using Win9X fdisk for this job. It
wipes out the existing boot sector when it creates a new partition, not
to mention that you can specify cylinder numbers with it anyway.

Tom