Re: X/fvwm forcing me to place windows

I'm no fvwm guru, but there's an ActivePlacement flag that may be your
problem. I have the same "problem" when a new window would overlap existing
windows, so fvwm asks me where to place it as opposed to deciding for
itself. I guess it doesn't want to take responsibility in this situation.

I've got fvwm set up so that when it starts, I have 2 xterms and xjed on on
page; mutt on another; and slrn on yet another. And when I start netscape,
it automatically goes to another page. I'm working with that default 3x3
desktop, which is fine for me.

If you want to know how to do this, let me know.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 04:45:41PM -0600, hawk@hawkins.cba.uni.edu wrote:

> Since switcing to potato, fvwm is behavng much differently.  Most
> annoying of the changes is that for some programs (netscape), it is
> requiring me to manually place the windows, a la twm.  For others, the
> winows happily appear themselve (xterm, exmh).  And occasionally
> (exmh), programs that usually work force me to place windows.
---end quoted text---

--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu