Re: help with kernel compiling

well, 2.0.36 has prooven itself stable to use.  i have a couple patches in
it, but probably the biggest thing is my main machines use software raid,
i've read about some problems in 2.2.x raid and am not confident upgrading
to 2.2.x will make everything run as stable as it does now.  i am about
1500 miles away from those machines so if something critical happened and
reverting to the old kernel didnt fix it i'd be looking at at least a week
of downtime while someone ships the drives to me to look at/repair.

although the prospects of making better use of the 2nd processor in this
machine on a 2.2.x kernel are nice, i think i will hold off until we
physically replace the whole machine before i go for a new kernel rev and
new distribution(potato). this machine being up for almost 6 months makes
me confident this kernel is good.

nate