Re: where can I find info on how to install a iomega zip disk in debian?

Greetings,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 09:04:58AM +0000, john smith wrote:
> I was wondering on where can I get documentation on how to install a iomega
> zip disk to debian. I can't seem to find any man pages on that subject.

in general:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/ZIP-Drive.html#toc2

in particular:
(for a Zip parport 100 which I use)

there is actually not much to install. assuming you have your
zipdrive connected and your parport supports EPP, this should be
sufficient:

 #~ depmod -a
 #~ modprobe ppa; # ppa driver should be enabled in debians default kernel
 #~               # for zip+ drives use imm instead
 #~ mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /floppy # access the pre-formatted VFAT32 partition
 #~ <...>
 #~ umount /floppy
 #~

Greetings,
Tilman.
__
no part of this mail is yet under construction