STILL can't install!!! Part 2

Had to force a restart of my machine BTW, and got a message on startup
that fsck could not fix my usr partition and that I would have to do it
manually. I ran fsck, which seemed to deal with a lot of problems, but
finally finished. Then tried to run dselect, and the machine said it
couldn't find it. Rebooted. Now it can find and run dselect, but this
message shows up at the beginning of the install process:

dpkg : serious warning : files list file for package 'libc6-develop'
missing.
assuming package has no files currently installed.

Can someone please explain what this means and if it means that I have to
start over once again?!

David Kachel