Re: new to debian...

An simple

	apt-get update
	apt-get dist-upgrade

should do all. Also there is no need to call apt first with a -d option
and then again with the same comand, but without the -d option. apt-get
allways downloads all files needed and after that installs them, whereby
the net-connection isn't needed anymore.

Martin

--
This is Linux Country.
In a quiet night,