Re: Is the Jan 27 version of Packages.gz for potato/main safe?

Hello Guys,

Last night I have downloaded the latest Base-Install and then I have
used dselect to install MC, NFS-Server, PROFTPD, SAMBA and RSYNC.

At the access methode "APT-GET" I have gotten following message:

Need to get 11.6 MB of archives.
After unpacking 1935 KB will be used.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase "Yes, I understand this may be bad"

Then before I had the warning, that it will remove a dotzend of packages.

Whats this ???
They joke me ???

I had only the base-Installation: base2_2.tgz, drivers.tgz, rescue.bin

OK, I have downloaded from http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian the new
base-install and now it works. APT-GET has downloaded 33 MByte in aound
5 minutes and installed them properly.

If I try to update my SLINK 2.1r2 it will remove the whole Installation.

Now I will install a new Workstation based on POTATO only.

Michelle

At 01:10 28.01.2000 -0600, you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:

--------> The Reply begins not here, it is at the beginning ^