Re: CPU question

Hello,

I was running a Web-Server on a GigaByte GA 586 HX with a Intel Pentium 200.
Now I am using a GigaByte GA 586 DX which is a Dual-Pentium. OK, I have no
two Pentium 200 but two AMD K5-166 and I have tried tu use them.

The Two-K5-166 version is fast as a P II with 500 MHz.

With the kernel 2.2.13 is the multiprocessor system no problem.

You can get Dual-Pentiums with CPU's much cheaper as a P700.
I have payed around 80 US$ for the Mainboard and the CPU's.

Michelle

P.S.:   If I get a second Intel Pentium 200, my Web-Server will be overkill
        for my small Network which has a 2 MBit cable modem to the INet.

At 17:19 28.01.2000 +1100, you wrote
--------> This was the original Message:

--------> The Reply begins not here, it is at the beginning ^