Is Hard drive too big?

Hi all:

I've been running into this problem at work trying to install two new
harddrives into a Dell XPS D266. The drives are manufactured by Seagate,
with a capacity of ~13GB. The first issue that I thought was the problem
was the BIOS, so I upgraded that to the latest version. Then I thought,
all I needed to do was to partition my hard drives. In the Linux boot-up
screen, it seems to register my drives and their true capacity, but I
cannot seem to realize this capacity while I am using cfdisk or fdisk.
Anyone have an idea of what might be troubling me? Any approches to get
past this problems.

Thanks,

Paras Patel.
paras@ll.mit.edu