Re: system requirements for SCSI

Aaron Solochek <leko@cmu.edu> writes:
> the adaptec 2940u2w (aic-7890) is well supported in every kernel
> I've seen recently.

As I stated, I haven't had any problems with the driver not
working. It's more a question of whether Adaptec's product is worth
the premium price they place on their hardware and their past
reluctance to support Linux (this has reportedly changed since the
author of the Adaptec driver works for Redhat and thus has a company
behind him with which to push Adaptec).

At any rate, it's his decision to make. I would just urge him to
research other products before buying in to Adaptec as I did.

Gary