Re: Pathetic Performance

add more ram.. in cases with 64MB and below, swapping to disk more then
you have available memory really causes severe performance problems esp in
a GUI enviornment regaurdless of OS. and/or get another physical hdd to
swap to. or, run it off of NFS and run the swap from local disk. with a
decent NIC you may see comparable results over NFS as you do from one of
those reallllllly slow IDE drives, but with the added benefit that the hdd
is used only for swap.

and i'd suggest going to fvwm (or even twm *shiver*) to reduce memory
usage even further.

nate