smbfs - remote directories truncated ?!

Slink + smbfs packaged with slink.  smbmounting a share from an NT
server works fine, but in large directories I only seem to see a
portion of the files!  Note that this is NOT Samba FAQ 2.2 - the
missing files have names that are as valid as those I can see.  In
fact, after deleting or moving some visible files I get to see the

Has anyone else seen this and have a suggestion?

Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.
2325 3rd Street #324, San Francisco, California 94107