apt-get remove gnome-bin problem:

	OK. Here's the situation. I'm a bit stumped:

	Debian 2.2, running on a p133 32MB

	Trying to install some stuff via apt, apt decided to remove
gnome-bin. Which is OK with me: I don't really use gnome anyway.

	Except that it's not trying to remove gnome-bin each time, and
breaking apt's functionality (as well as dpkg).

	Error(s):

	Global Symbol "$username" requires explicit package name at
/usr/sbin/suidunregister line 173
	Global Symbol "$groupname" requires explicit package name at
/usr/sbin/suidunregister line 174
	Global Symbol "$inode" requires explicit package name at
/usr/sbin/suidunregister line 178

	execution of /usr/sbin/suidunregistrer aborged due to compilation
errors.
	dpkg: error while cleaning up:
		subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status
255
	Errors were encoutnered while processing:
		/var/cache/apt/archives/gnome-bin_1.0.54-1_i386.deb

	Since this has happened, I can only sometimes apt-get install or
upgrade, I can partially remove stuff. I've tried removing gnome-bin with
apt and dpkg. dpkg suggests that I reinstall the package to remove it
(package gnome-bin_xxx is seriously damaged. Perhaps you should reinstall?),
but I get the same errors when I try to reinstall (again, from apt or dpkg)
except that the errors are in /usr/sbin/suidregister.

	Any ideas? I'd be happy to manually deinstall or reinstall the thing
(from source?)

	Am I hosed?

	Help?

	glen