How to add ethernet cards (also interrupt problems)

Hi folks,

I seem to have a couple of problems setting up my ethernet cards.  I've
set up my system as a router, hence it has two ethernet cards.  Both
cards are 3COM Fatsh Ethelink XL 10/100 (I think the driver is 3c59x).

Either way for some reason during installation of my debian (2.1) system
neither ethernet card was installed.  After boot I can use modprob 3c59x
and it finds both of them.

1) How can I get the system to automatically recognize the cards at boot
up?  Right now I have to manually configure the cards and the routing
table after each boot.

2) The cards are both using IRQ 11.  Which I can imagine is not good.
How do I prevent this from occurring?  The I/O addresses is different
fro each, but I'm not sure if this is enough to prevent problems.

3) When I look cat /proc/pci, it would appear that alll my devices are
using IRQ 11 (IDE, Video card, ethernet cards).  I can't see how my
system is even running with everyone sharing one IRQ?!?  Any idea?  Of
course when I looked at cat /proc/interrupts it lists my IDE controllers
as IRQ 14,15 and only my ethernet cards both on IRQ11.  So may I've just
misread the cat /proc/pci....  At anyrate I'm still worried about both
ethernet cards sharing an IRQ.  How can I change  this?  And how do I
make sure that I'm not going to conflict with any other hardware?

Thanks,

Joshua

--
Joshuab@milcse.cig.mot.com
Motorola, WASD

Indeed what is home in deepest truth, but the place where by our thought
and toil and tender care we are able to promote the well-being of
others?  Is not that satisfaction love's best suport and toil's best
reward?  We are made and meant to care.  And where we have given of our
best, even if unavailing, there the heart holds a certain treasure."
- Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Brevet Major-General U.S. Volunteers
(U.S. Civil War)