Re: Very frustrating

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> Don Cavaiani <doncmail@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >
> > Finally, is it possible to put a new icon on the window desktop so
> > that
> > I can start a favorite program with just a click?
>
> You need a file manager which uses icons. A very nice one to use is dfm
> - in fact dfm is recommended by the author of icewm. It is available as
> a Debian package, but have a look at the web site:
>
> http://dfm.linuxbox.com/

I've used and using at present dfm as well. Really satisfied with it. You
can create as many icons as you need for your favorite programs to start
them. You can create directories for your files. You can start working
with your files either by 'dragging and dropping' them on a program icon
or defining a program, which will open the file just by double-clicking
it.
Shortly: you can create really mackintosh-like environment, which is fast
and eating very little your precious memory resources.

hv