Re: Printing woes

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Howard Mann wrote:

>=When I print to a file (.ps) in Netscape, and subsequently print the
>=item via gs, the fonts are still huge.

I am using macro (see a the bottom) to print files with headers thru enscript
1.6.2 package (deb). Also you can specify a font size followed without space
after font name for this package. For me it is more important as soon I am
using a national character set (koding koi8r).

>=( Are .pdf files printed via gs ?)

You have to convert them first by ghostview (open pdf and print(save) to file).
It is possible to print from gv directly, but every time it will first
convert pdf to the temporary file and print than).

---
Regards,
Pavel Epifanov.

epv@casema.net , pavel_e@yahoo.com

===========cut===========
#!/bin/sh
#
# $Id: pr1,v 1.2 1999/11/23 07:32:37 root Exp $
#
# Print 1 pages in Portret mode with KOI8-R coding
#

TMPFILE=/tmp/prt65test.ps.$$
FONTSIZE=12

# second argument - font size
if [ "$1" = "" ]; then
  echo ! Please call: $0 _file_ _optional-font-size_
  exit 1
else
  if [ ! "$2" = "" ]; then
    FONTSIZE=$2
  fi
fi

# remove if exist file name
rm -f ${TMPFILE} dummy

# encode
enscript -1 -R -v --font=Textbook${FONTSIZE} --encoding=koi8 -p - $1 > ${TMPFILE}

# print
lpr ${TMPFILE}

# message
echo "$1" is in the queue to print !