Re: Printing woes

Howard Mann wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I print a document from Netscape ( e-mail or webpage) or
> Acroreader (.pdf doc) ,the printed fonts are huge and offset to the
> right half of the page.Of course, only a small portion of the page is
> thus printed.
>
> This does not occur when I print an ASCII page from, say, " kedit." I
> use KDE.
>
> I have a LaserJet 5L.
>
> This is my /etc/printcap file:
>
> lp|hplj4l|HP Laserjet 4L:\
>         :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4l:\
>         :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
>         :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4-filter:\
>         :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Here is additional information:

I have Red Hat on /dev/hda. Netscape prints perfectly there.

When I print to a file (.ps) in Netscape, and subsequently print the
item via gs, the fonts are still huge.

How do I control the printed font size in ghostview ? This seems to be
the crux of the matter.

( Are .pdf files printed via gs ?)

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,