Re: Diskless from NFS --1) nfsd (rmtab); 2) /dev

    Olexiy> 1. While shutdown, unmount writes: "device is busy", so
    Olexiy> nfsd on the server does not rid off the corresponding
    Olexiy> enters from /etc/rmtab that is not good in common;

I think I have the similar problem, too.

Question: is /dev mounted on a seperate partition?

IIRC: If so, then that is your problem. /dev is accessed by the
shutdown process, and which means that it cannot be umounted.

Otherwise what partition is it that cannot be umounted? Nothing should
ever try to umount / - instead it should be remounted

    Olexiy> 2. While working, tty* devices keep the same date, (in
    Olexiy> fact the date of creation /dev/tty*), thus commands like
    Olexiy> "w", autologd, etc are not able to calculate idle time
    Olexiy> correctly. Of course "touch" these devices work just
    Olexiy> fine. I had tried to create /dev in boot time, but that
    Olexiy> did not help much.

I have noticed very weird behaviour at times here, too.

eg idle time isolating between 0seconds and 112 days, when this was
the tty which was active...

Linux 2.2.12.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>