Re: PS/2 Mouse Port...related question

David J Kanter <djkanter@nwu.edu> writes:
DJK> I have a Logitech MouseMan Wheel, yet must use the ps2 driver rather than
DJK> the Logitech MouseMan driver when running XF86Setup (the Logitech driver
DJK> makes the mouse jumpy). Why is that? Is my mouse schizophrenic?
DJK>
DJK> Is the key the connector at the back of my desktop, not the label on the
DJK> bottom of my mouse?

AFAIK, all PS/2 mice use the same protocol (more or less; mice with
wheels appear to behave slightly differently).  Serial mice use lots
and lots of different protocols, though most more modern mice can
capably pretend to be Microsoft Mice (TM).  So if you had an old
serial-only MouseMan, you'd tell XFree86 that you had a MouseMan, but
with one (or pretty much any pointing device) connected to the PS/2
mouse port, you'd specify a PS/2 mouse.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://donut.mit.edu/dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell