fidogate resend

Please copy to this email address as fetchmail is now down as well so
I`m using Netscape on another email account to my   mailing list
subscription.
I`ve just tried to install fidogate and inn, with a lot of error
messages which I hope I`ve sidestepped for the present, but now when
running fidonetconfig it says "/usr/sbin/fidogateconfig: Please install
innd!: command not found"
Problem is i managed to install inn and ps aux shows innd as a running
process(if that`s the right term):

"news     20553  0.0  4.5  7936 2128 ?        S    21:13   0:00
/usr/lib/news/bin/innd -p7 "
Has anyone got any experience with fidogate and could help me out, this
is way over my head!

Thanks
Paul Walton                 * Powered by *
Cambridge                * Debian GNU Linux *
U.K.                   * http://www.debian.org *
  * PGP Public Key: http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu/ *