Re: ppp hangup question

Colin Marquardt said:
> Hmm. Do you maybe have "knocking on the line" enabled? (Sorry, don't
> know the proper word for it. It's just that you can hear that someone
> tries to call you if you already have a connection.) That might
> disturb it.

You mean call waiting?  I used to get bumped offline by incoming calls, but
the error correction on modern modems has gotten good enough that they
recover from the call waiting beeps...

There are a number of (apparently) standalone  devices that have recently
come on the market which will detect incoming calls and let you put a dialup
link on hold for a certain amount of time.  They look like they should just
plug right into the phone line without needing to talk to the computer, which
would make them OS-independent.  Have you looked at any of those?

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+