Problem searching list archives

Like Chris Baker, I can't seem to search the list archives at
http://www.de.debian.org/Lists-Archives/

No matter what I put as the search string, even stuff like `debian'
which has to be in archive somewhere, I get a blank response on the
page http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/searchlists

If I take Howard Mann's advice and select debian-user and "Jan to Mar 0"
(presumably this page is not Y2K compliant because it should be "00"
and this entry should appear at the top, not the bottom) I get

No archives match that combination of lists and dates.

which suggests that the cgi can't parse Jan to Mar 0.

Despite Howard Mann's advice, of course, I shouldn't have to set either
of the filters because the page advertises defaults.