Re: Need file converter for

Shaul Karl wrote:

> You might try the file or the strings commands in order to learn what kind of
> data these files contain.
>
> > I need an application or plugin for netscape to decode or convert these
> > type of files. I "THINK" they are some type of Microsoft proprietary
> > file format. Netscape, WordPerfect, Gnotepad,Lyx, StarOffice, and
> > nothing else that I have installed or set up will allow me to read
> > messages that are sent to me in this format. They are usually sent as
> > attachments to regular e-mail. Any suggestions are appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Type: application/ms-tnef
> > Encoding: base64

There is a utility "Fentun" that enables one to view these files.
( twain.softhome.net - I can't connect to the website at present).

I do not have experience with it.

Cheers,

--

Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html