Re: loopback device

great! that rocks! thanks :))

nate

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, David Hamilton wrote:

dhamil >I'm currently running 21 loopback devices on my server and having no
dhamil >differences in performance.  Of course loopback devices are slower than
dhamil >a standard share, but keeping ISO's does have its advantages.  All I
dhamil >needed to do to increase the max of 8 is to modify the MAX_LOOP in
dhamil >loop.c within the kernel source, recompile the kernel, and insmod the
dhamil >new loop devices in /dev.
dhamil >
dhamil >aphro wrote:
dhamil >>
dhamil >> I am in the process of setting up a samba file server for my dept, and am
dhamil >> mounting quite a few ISO images via loopback just to have the ISO
dhamil >> available to burn if needed and at the same time have all the files
dhamil >> there.  I see there are 8 loopback devices i was wondering if there was
dhamil >> any complications that anyone has encountered with having all 8 (or
dhamil >> perhaps more?) in use, they won't be very active but i've never worked
dhamil >> with the loopback device till today, so im not sure what to
dhamil >> expect.  Running kernel 2.2.10 debian slink
dhamil >>
dhamil >> thanks!
dhamil >>
dhamil >> nate
dhamil >>
dhamil >> ----------------------------------------[mailto:aphro@aphroland.org ]--
dhamil >>    Vice President Network Operations       http://www.firetrail.com/
dhamil >>   Firetrail Internet Services Limited      http://www.aphroland.org/
dhamil >>        Everett, WA 425-348-7336            http://www.linuxpowered.net/
dhamil >>             Powered By:                    http://comedy.aphroland.org/
dhamil >>     Debian 2.1 Linux 2.0.36 SMP            http://yahoo.aphroland.org/
dhamil >> -----------------------------------------[mailto:aphro@netquest.net ]--
dhamil >> 10:32am up 147 days, 22:33, 1 user, load average: 0.34, 0.34, 0.29
dhamil >>
dhamil >> --
dhamil >> Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null
dhamil >