File registered but not installed

After tidying up my system I get the following error message (via email)
from one of the cron.daily scripts:

File /usr/lib/emacs/20.3/i386-debian-linux-gnu/movemail registered but
not installed
File /usr/lib/emacs/19.34/i386-debian-linux/movemail registered but not
installed

The emacsen were installed before but now there are *NO* emacs-related
packages installed. How can I tell the package-manager that he (or she?)
has already removed these files?

BTW: I often recognize that packages "forget" a lot of files or empty
directories when they are purged (yes i mean purged and _NOT_
deinstalled). And the files I'm talking are not created by programs in
normal operation, but were *installed* with the packages. Especially
concerning config-files there is no difference between "deinstall" and
"purge" with some packages. How come?

- Konrad Mierendorff