Re: Is My Copy Bad?

Hello there...

I had some trouble installing not only Debian, but Windows 98 and other
Linux Distros booting from CD-ROM in /dev/hdb (in others machines).
The error seems to be caused by some buggy boards that doesn't handle HD
and CD-ROM in the same IDE when processor goes to protected mode,
probably it's caused by the slow response time of the CD-ROM.

A simple solution is to put de CD-ROM drive in the secondary IDE,as
/dev/hdc or /dev/hdd, and boot from it. It ever worked for me, despite
the system/distro I was using.

Taupter