Re: Is My Copy Bad?

Answering Jim's questions( thanks for helping):

Yes I am trying to install Debian from a CDROM and booting from this. I
am trying to install on a p-133, 32-meg 16xCDROM, IDE hard drive and
CDROM boot enabled. The installer runs fine, I mount the root partition
and so on.

Then I get to the problem step "Install Operating System Kernel and
Modules". First time round I selected (Install from CDROM - at /dev/hdb
- the CD spins up - I leave the path as default "/debian" - and select
the "list" option). At this point I get the following error message:
    "this installation program couldn't find any directory containing
the file resc1440tecra.bin"
I alt-F2 at this stage and check the /instmnt/ for a directory ./debian
or the file in question. I find the file however I fail to find a
directory called /debian.

Second time round I carry out the same procedure until the last step.
THis time I manually set the path to where I found the file(
resc1440tecra.bin) /instmnt/boot. This time I get a different message
telling me that drv1440tecra.bin isn't there.

I hope from this you could tell me what could be going wrong.

Thanks Charles