Re: JDK says can't open /proc/xxxxx

sounds like the JDK bug with newer kernels, see the linux-kernel mailing
list or the archives of this list, the solution is usually downgrade the
kernel or upgrade your JDK.

this bug only affects older JDK with newer kernels, JDK tries to call an
undocumented /proc file and pukes when it can't find it.  linux-kernel
developers said it was a bad bug, and no program should rely on /proc for
anything as it is not a "finished" file system things are still changing
in it often and programs can break if they do rely on /proc

nate