Re: RTL8139

Tim Nicholas <tim@krondor.earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> I have just been trying to compile a new kernel (2.2.14) but i can not
> find the option to add support for the rtl8139 chipset 10/100 cards.
> They are reltivly common and there is documentation for them with the
> source but not the option to select in either 'make menuconfig' or 'make
> config'.

If you do "make menuconfig", go to the very first option, "Code
maturity level options", and say "Y" to "Prompt for development
drivers". Then the driver will appear under "Network device support"
-> "Ethernet 10 or 100 Mbit".
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who