Re: How to install new Window manager

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 01:58:25PM -0800, Guyren G Howe wrote:
> I'm a newbie at this. I figured I'd get started learning to customise all
> this stuff by installing a new Window Manager. I like the look of AfterStep
> (one of its skins in particular), so I've downloaded all the relevant bits.
>
> But I can't work out how to get Afterstep to come up instead of KDE.

I would just have my ~/.xsession contain the line:

exec afterstep

> I'm also interested in the meta-question: where would I look, on the net or
> in /usr/doc or whatever, to work out the answer to this question for myself?

/usr/doc is a good start.

--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu

"Music has been too much a part of my life to try to listen to it with one ear
while digging out a liver tumor with both eyes and the other ear."

  -- Dr. Francis D. Moore Sr.,
     Moseley professor emeritus of surgery, Harvard Medical School.