Re: Single quote keyboard chars

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 08:17:48PM +0000, Randy Edwards wrote:
>    I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem with the
> latest potato.
>
>    I get random, occasional single quote characters (`) which appear in what
> apps I happen to be using.  This occurs on several different machines.  The
> keyboards themselves are clone MS Natural and/or Dell keyboards.  I work
> primarily in X, which is where I notice it.  This phenomenon seems to happen
> with many different apps (everything from E-Term to Netscape).
>
>    Has anyone else noticed something similar?  And if so, any way to get rid
> of it?  TIA.

i had a similar problem once, it turned out to be my finger clipping the
adjacent key when i went to hit one of those big ones on the side, since
my new keyboard had a smaller key than my old. (:

i haven't noticed any random single quotes (or backquotes) appearing
with latest potato here. It sounds like either a hardware problem or
some error in the software that handles the keyboard, but i could easily
be wrong.

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  8 Jan 2000 - Old email addresses removed from key, new added