Re: Single quote keyboard chars

I had this happening back when I was running Hamm and Slink was a few
months from release. At the time I had a spiffy black keyboard with a DIN5
(matching my machine) and has just purchased an offwhite `multimedia'
keyboard. I found the black keyboard worked fine and the offwhite
generated random spurious backquotes. Interestingly enough I haven't seen
them for a number of years. I still have the mobo and CPU from that
machine (though in a different case) and the same offwhite keyboard, which
I'm using right now, actually. I'm also running a Belkin fourport CVM
switch.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly hardware-related, at least in my case.

You might try excorcising the keyboard cable. ;> (it might work just as
well as anything else)