Re: Downloading large files

> Johann Spies <jhspies@futurenet.co.za> writes:
> [...]
> > Now my question:  Is there a more reliable way of downloading large files
> > on a dialup-connection than using wget?

For more reliable downloads via http I use htget:

[]K>htget --help
htget --help
HTGET (c) J Whitham 1998-99  <jwhitham@globalnet.co.uk> version 0.93
See README. This program comes with NO WARRANTY of any kind.

Usage: htget <urls..> [options]

Options include:
--help      -h  This text
--verbose       Verbose download mode on
--noverbose     Verbose download mode off
--resume        D/load resuming on
--noresume      D/load resuming off
--timeout=t     Set timeout to t seconds
--rcfile=rc     Specify alternative resource file rc

For more information, see the htget README file
or enter: man htget

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          jjacobsen@jvlnet.com
Grace Lutheran Church (ELS)     http://www.jvlnet.com/~jjacobsen/